The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers, to bloggers who have less
than 200 followers. It’s a great way to highlight your favorite small (but growing!)
blogs, and to expand the community.
Thank you so much to Daniela at Books to Get Lost In for nominating me!
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven bloggers that you think are deserving of the award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them eleven questions to answer
- Think back: Your favourite book as a child? I had a picture book called Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs that I used to flip through until it fell apart. My grandfather (may he rest in peace) would bring me to the library and we’d sit in the corner while he read it to me over and over. I know they made it into a movie, but I refuse to see it and have my childhood memories tarnished.
- Which fictional character would you like as a brother? As a sister? I quite like my brothers and sisters, but I think Valentina from Ender’s Game is an amazing sister (she’s strong and opinionated but completely loyal), and I think any of the Weasley’s from Harry Potter (except Percy!) would be fun brothers… but only one, I don’t think I could handle all of them!
- If your life would be a book… which genre would it be? I’d like my life to be an Urban Fantasy novel. That’d be awesome!!
- What is your biggest pet peeve in books? The “love at first sight” trope. To quote Disney, “You can’t marry a guy you just met!”
- What is your favourite book turned into movie/tv series? The Peter Jackson adaptation of The Lord of the Rings is stunning and about as perfect as an adaptation can be. But I think The Wizard of Oz movie is way better than the book (although it’s not an accurate adaptation).
- What is the worst book turned into movie/tv series? There are way too many to list! I’ll go with most of the Harry Potter movies, because the books are brilliant but the movies make me grind my teeth.
- Which was the last book that made you lose sleep because you read way too long into the night? I’m usually pretty strict about cutting myself off by 10pm for books, even on weekends, because otherwise I’d never sleep. But I read an online free novel series, In the Company of Shadows by Sonny and Ais a few months ago. I pretty much read over a million words in three or four days, and couldn’t put it down.
- Have you ever dreamed about a book? I’m sure I have? I can’t remember my dreams most of the time. I do remember a dream about Super Mario Bros. though….
- Who is your favourite side character? Tsukiko from The Night Circus (Morgenstern), and Calla from The Raven Cycle (Stiefvater)
- Who is your favourite villain? Probably the New Gods from Neil Gaiman’s American Gods, because they’re actually villains in real life, too. Let’s be honest, we all spend too much time praying to our computers, our televisions, etc! And they’re not evil for the sake of being evil; they simply exist, and serve a purpose.
- Which book has to be published right now because you can’t take the wait any longer? Finally, an easy question! The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. I’m about to crawl out of my skin in anticipation!! I can’t wait until next year when I finally get this book in my hands.
- I’m an introvert, to the point where I get anxiety if I have to socialize with strangers.
- I want to be a published author someday.
- I don’t like listening to music, except when running, and then it’s only terrible pop music with a good beat. I am music illiterate.
- I can’t run often anymore, due to a knee injury that I obtained while working in Antarctica.
- I used to work in Antarctica.
- My favorite thing in the entire world is getting new books.
- I collect copies of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings from other countries because I like seeing the maps in different languages.
- My favorite books to re-read over and over are The Time Traveler’s Wife (Niffenegger), His Majesty’s Dragon (Novik), The Night Circus (Morgenstern), and Ender’s Game (Card).
- I hate comedy movies, because I get really bad second-hand embarrassment.
- Books that made me cry: The Fault in Our Stars (Green), Where the Red Fern Grows (Rawls).
- It’s very difficult to talk about myself. (This part of the post took half an hour.)
I don’t follow very many small blogs, unfortunately. But I’ll use your nominations to find some awesome new blogs to follow!
- What fictional character do you most relate to?
- Do you like to write in/highlight/tab pages in your books, or do you keep them in perfect condition?
- What book do you own more than one copy of?
- You walk into a Starbucks… what do you order?
- Describe your dream bookstore.
- Do you have a favorite place to read?
- What Hogwarts House would you want to be sorted in to? What Hogwarts House do you think you’d actually get sorted in to?
- What’s your favorite travel destination?
- What was the first book you ever blogged about (on your current blog)?
- What book do you really want to see adapted for TV/Movie and why?
- Describe your life with one book title.