Thank you very much to Spellbound Book Reviews and Megan Broderick for nominating me for this award! And I’m sorry it took me so long to respond to your nomination, I was working every day for the last week. But I’m so honored that you thought of my blog for this award!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
1. What made you decide to start blogging? My coworker brought the idea up at work one day. I mentioned that I’d been reading a ridiculous number of books lately, and she suggested blogging as a way to share my passion. I’ve found that I really enjoy it, even though it’s a lot of work at times!
2. What is the hardest thing about running a blog? Trying to coordinate having a full-time job with updating posts, cross-posting to various sites, keeping updated on social media, and (my favorite part) meeting other amazing bloggers!
3. Which is the last book that made you laugh out loud? I just re-read Love Lessons by Heidi Cullinan, and her witty characters always make me giggle.
4. Which is the last book that made you cry? I cried at work today while reading The Truth as He Knows It at my desk. (Then I made up some excuse about allergies, so no one would know that I was reading soppy romance books at my desk.)
5. If you could actually meet a fictional character, who would you choose? Blue from The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. I think we’d get along fabulously.
6. What fictional character do you think you could be best friends with? Oh, well my above answer holds true. But… maybe Harry Dresden from The Dresden Files series. I feel like we have a similar sense of humor.
7. Who is your favorite hero or heroine? I have mad respect for Katniss Everdeen. Unwilling heroes are sometimes the best ones!
8. Which was your favorite children’s book? Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, no contest. I have really fond memories of reading it with my grandpa as a kid. My youngest sister bought me a copy for Christmas a few years back.
9. Which is your go to genre? Romance. (Like the blog title doesn’t give that away.)
10. If you were only allowed to read all books by one author, who would that be?Oh god, oh god. Um. Neil Gaiman, but only if I can include his comics and short stories and random blog posts.
1. What’s your favorite genre? Romance! Or, really, any of the genres that also feature romances. It’s definitely not the only thing I read, but I love stories with really good relationships.
2. Which fictional character would you want as a roommate (either the bff kind or the bump along nicely without annoying each other kind)? A brownie would be nice, since they’d clean everything for me! Or a vampire, so we could stay up late watching movies together.
3. What big, everyone loved it book did you just not “get”? I have lots, but most recently, Station Eleven. I was so bored. Well, I did really love Station Eleven, so not that one. Um, any of the Cassandra Clare books. I have some seriously negative feelings towards her books.
4. What’s your horoscope sign and do you actually believe it? I’m an Aquarius, and I don’t believe in astrology in the slightest.
5. What’s your favorite food? Macaroni and cheese! That’s an easy one.
6. Do you like nonfiction? Yes, especially biographies. I recently read the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson, and a really interesting one on the man who founded Ripley’s Believe it or Not.
7. Do you have a favorite sport/team? I’ve attended exactly one sports match in the last decade, and it was the New Zealand All Blacks vs. USA. So I guess rugby would be the favorite sport, and the All Blacks would be the favorite team?
8. TV or movies? (I’m more of a movie girl myself) Movies. I don’t have the attention span to be seriously invested in a TV show, and we don’t get real television where I live anyways.
9. What are the next 3 books on your TBR list? Hm, good question. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, and a couple of ARCs (After Summer Ends and Stalked by HC Brown, I think).
10. If you had to pick a favorite book, what would it be? I think my answer to this question changes every time someone asks it. Today my answer is either American Gods by Neil Gaiman, or The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
1. If you could live a year and a day inside any book (and then you have to return home), what book would you choose?
2. What’s your Hogwarts House?
3. What made you want to start blogging?
4. Do you have a favorite season? If so, why?
5. You’re settling in on a rainy day with a good book and a hot drink… what’s in your mug?
6. Do you have a favorite social media platform? If so, what and why?
7. If you could invite three famous people (alive or dead) to dinner, which three would you pick?
8. What’s the last book that you re-read?
9. What are your hobbies?
10. Pick up the closest book to you and open to a random page. What’s the first (non-spoilery) sentence on that page?
Like this post? Follow me for more great reviews: