Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year, filled with warmth, joy, and all the amazing books you can dream of!
2015 was an interesting year for me, filled with some fantastic high points. While I did struggle professionally, I also made some amazing friends and was fortunate enough to discover book blogging, which became one of the highlights of my year! So, thank you to my fellow book bloggers who were so welcoming and friendly… you’re all amazing, and I can’t wait to see what the new year brings you!
I started blogging earlier this year because I was reading so much. It became a way to process the books I read, and to connect with the authors and publishers that I love and respect.
In 2015 I read:
- 315 books (not including re-reads)
- 84,000 pages
- First book of the year: Ball & Chain by Abigail Roux
- Last book of the year: Rock N Soul by Lauren Sattersby (out Jan. 18, 2016)
While I didn’t start blogging until May (and didn’t get serious about it until August), I think I did really well on the blogging front this year as well. I managed to blog consistently, and to keep up with my reviews as I read.
I have a lot of hopes and dreams for 2016. After years of contracting for the US Government overseas and traveling the world, I’m hoping to move to NYC and finally get a job in publishing like I’ve always dreamed. So here are my New Years Resolutions:
- Read at least 200 books. (I’m not sure I can hope for 300+ again, since a job like my previous one is unlikely to fall in my lap.)
- Buy a house with a spare room for a library.
- Travel, always. I’ll be going to Japan, London, and RT Booklovers in Las Vegas.
- Live a life with no regrets. Don’t look back at the end of the year and feel bad because you skipped over an opportunity.
- Get a job I enjoy. Sounds easy, right? I suspect this will be the hardest one…
Wishing everyone a safe, warm, and very Happy New Year! I hope all of your resolutions and dreams come true!
2 thoughts on “Happy New Year 2016!”
A library room sounds amazing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s always been my dream! A room with a giant comfy armchair, all of my books, and a little table in the corner with an electric kettle and hot cocoa mix so I don’t have to leave to get a hot drink when I’m mid-read 😉